Plum Orchard

Cumberland Island, Camden County, Georgia

Built in 1898, this Georgian Revival home was built for George and Margaret Carnegie by George’s mother, Lucy. This grand home, at 22,000 square feet, features an indoor pool, a squash court, and many other features considered cutting edge at the time it was built.

In 1971, the home was donated to the National Park Foundation by the Carnegie family.

Leave a Reply