Cumberland Island, Camden County
Located on the north end of Cumberland Island is an area where freedmen and women lived after the Civil War. This area, known as The Settlement, contains a few extant buildings.
The Roger Alberty House, built-in 1900, sits next to the First African Baptist Church. The Alberty family was one of the original families who made this area into a community.