Ellamae Ellis League was the fourth woman to become a registered architect in Georgia. League came from a family of architects. Her uncle, Charles Choate, a noted architect, encouraged her to pursue architecture. Unfortunately, the only place to get a degree in architecture was the Georgia Institute of Technology, and the school did not allow women at the time.
She was able to get an apprenticeship with a local Macon firm. She then took correspondence courses with the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design while working for the firm. After additional schooling with the Ecole des Beaux-Arts at Fontainebleau and passing the state licensure exam, League opened her own firm in 1933.
In 1940, League designed this home she lived in until her passing in 1991. The home is one of the earliest examples of a mid-century ranch in Georgia. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. The home is now owned by Historic Macon.