The schoolhouse sits next to the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in the Honey Creek Community of Rockdale County.
Category Archives: Schools
The Georgia School of Technology-Atlanta, Georgia
This is an 1898 photo of the Georgia Institute of Technology back when it was known as the The Georgia School of Technology. The building on the right is Tech Tower. The building on the left is the second shop building. It was built in 1892-1893 after the original shop building burned. It cost $12,000 to rebuild the second shop building.
This photo was featured in a book co-published by the Chamber of Commerce and City Council.
Reference: Martin, T. H. Atlanta Chamber of Commerce., Atlanta (Ga.). City Council. (1898). Hand book of the city of Atlanta: A comprehensive review of the city’s commercial, industrial and residential conditions. Atlanta, Ga.: The Southern industrial publishing company.
Crawford School-Crawford, Georgia
Building began in 1909 for The Crawford School. Town officials allocated $4,500 for the school to be built by Jack Stokley. The school was used from 1911-1955.
Abbeville County Training School-Abbeville, South Carolina
Newly added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1922, the Abbeville County Training School was also known as the Branch Street School. The site is overgrown and difficult to photograph because there are storage buildings in front of the school. There are current plans to turn this into housing and a Black History Museum.