Tag Archives: Franklin County

Plain View School-Franklin County-Georgia

Sitting along Old Federal Road in Franklin County, Georgia is the Plain View School. It is a contributing building to the McConnell Historic District. It was built in 1905 and used as a school until 1955.

For photos on the inside, please visit the Cocoa Smiles blog.

Photo courtesy of Digital Library of Georgia
Photo courtesy of the Digital Library of Georgia

Ariail House-Carnesville, Georgia

Franklin County

The William Ariail House was built in three parts starting in 1840. The last section, pictured above, was added in the 1890s. The Victorian details were added during the 1890s addition.

The grounds included other extant farm buildings, including the original blacksmith shop and well.

Rev. William Ariail and his wife Mary moved from South Carolina to start this farm. He served as pastor for the Nails Creek Baptist Church. During the Civil War, the Ariails lost five sons.

The home was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.

Blacksmith shop