The Rehoboth Church is also known as the Rehobeth Church. The congregation was founded in 1869, which was very early for a Black church in the South.
The church was founded in 1837 in what is present day Monroe County. The current church is the second one for the congregation after it was built in 1890. The Goggans family (founders of the town, too) gave the land for the physical establishment of a church and cemetery.