This is an 1898 photo of the Georgia Institute of Technology back when it was known as the The Georgia School of Technology. The building on the right is Tech Tower. The building on the left is the second shop building. It was built in 1892-1893 after the original shop building burned. It cost $12,000 to rebuild the second shop building.
This photo was featured in a book co-published by the Chamber of Commerce and City Council.
Reference: Martin, T. H. Atlanta Chamber of Commerce., Atlanta (Ga.). City Council. (1898). Hand book of the city of Atlanta: A comprehensive review of the city’s commercial, industrial and residential conditions. Atlanta, Ga.: The Southern industrial publishing company.