The Episcopal Church of Our Savior is one house of worship for The Episcopal Church of the Ridge congregation. The two other churches are the Grace Episcopal Church in Ridge Spring, SC, and Trinity Episcopal Church in Edgefield, SC. The churches rotate church services.
This building is the “newest” of the three churches since it was built in the 1880s. The first church building is no longer standing, but the current sanctuary was consecrated on June 30, 1882, by Bishop William B. W. Howe. The bell tower was added at a later time.