Built in 1896, St. Bartholomew’s Church is the longest continuing Black Episcopal congregation in the state. The school, now the parish hall, was built in 1897.
The Victorian elements of the church make it a standout in rural church architecture. It was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The church is still active with services offered twice a month. They are held in the afternoon, which is a long-standing tradition of the church.