The church is located south of Savannah in a community known as Burroughs. Burroughs was formed from the land that was once made up of Wild Heron Plantation. The congregation was formed in 1891 after a split from the First Bethel Baptist Church. In 1893, the church was built on land donated by J. D. Campbell.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.