The Cumorah Church is a rare rural church for practitioners of the Mormon Faith. The Hill Cumorah is where Joseph Smith found the golden plates, hence the name Cumorah Church. Founded in 1907, Mormons, by and large, were not welcome to the state of Georgia. Despite this, the congregation met in this building until the 1970s. It is located just outside of Douglas, Georgia.