Cates House and Store, South Carolina

Glenn Springs, Spartanburg County

Built as a home in 1885, Robert Allen Cates, the town’s postmaster, lived here with his family until he chose to make it into a general store. In 1938, the nearby church used it as a Sunday school. The building was recently restored. It’s a contributing building to the Glenn Springs Historic District.

Leave a Reply