Located in Sandersville, Georgia, the T. J. Elder High and Industrial School is a Rosenwald School built in 1927 for $18,600. The six-teacher type school was expanded behind the building over the years. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.
Named for Thomas Jefferson Elder, Elder was an important educator who opened his first school in 1889. He and his wife, Lucy Lillian Phinizy, are buried in front of the school.