Horton-duBignon House and Cemetery-Jekyll Island, Georgia

Built in 1743 by Major William Horton, the tabby house is one of the oldest homes in the state. Christophe DuBignon returned to Georgia to escape unrest in France. By 1800 he owned the whole island. The DuBignon family remained in the home for decades. Family members and two staff members from the Jekyll Island club are buried in the cemetery across the street.

Leave a Reply