Wrens, Jefferson County
The establishment of the Lofton Circuit started with the organization of Lofton Church in 1840. The building was constructed in 1879. It was first united with Thompson Springhill AME Church in Matthews, Georgia.
In 1874, Springfield began conducting services under a brush harbor. It was given the name Stone Springfield. In 1905, their church was built.
Sandvalley or Sand Valley AME Church was built in 1892 under the leadership of Rev. J.H. Hillis. It was originally called Old Bethel AME Church.
Around 1896 the three churches were joined to form a circuit. Since Lofton AME was the oldest of the three churches, this union was named the Lofton Circuit.