Built in 1925 for $2,200, the Hope School located in Pomaria, South Carolina is a two-teacher plan school. The school was open until 1954, but then it was closed after the consolidation of public schools. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.
Located in Pomaria, this building was used as a general store for several decades. W. D. Summer owned many businesses throughout Newberry County.