One of two cemeteries that sits in the shadow of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The Flat Rock Church Cemetery was founded in 1870s. It is one of the few reminders of a community once known as Flat Rock. It is accessible via Riverdale Road.
Tag Archives: Clayton County
Hart Family Cemetery-Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, Georgia
Located amongst the roads and runways of Hartsfield-Jackson International airport are two cemeteries. One of those cemeteries is the Hart Family Cemetery which was started in 1860. It contains several generations of the Ellender (1822-1860) and John (1816-1898) Hart family. The land has been owned by the Hart family and their descendants since the 1840s.
A 1995 assessment of the survey counted eighty-three graves, with most only being marked by fieldstones. The last burial occurred in the 1940s. The cemetery is still publicly accessible via Sullivan Road.