Located amongst the roads and runways of Hartsfield-Jackson International airport are two cemeteries. One of those cemeteries is the Hart Family Cemetery which was started in 1860. It contains several generations of the Ellender (1822-1860) and John (1816-1898) Hart family. The land has been owned by the Hart family and their descendants since the 1840s.
A 1995 assessment of the survey counted eighty-three graves, with most only being marked by fieldstones. The last burial occurred in the 1940s. The cemetery is still publicly accessible via Sullivan Road.
One thought on “Hart Family Cemetery-Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, Georgia”