Built in 1909, the Odessadale School sits next to the Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church. The school is the oldest school dedicated to educating Black schoolchildren standing in Meriwether County. It was open until 1955 when Georgia schools began to consolidate.
Also known as the Odessadale Elementary School, there is a focus to restore the school. More information can be found on the preservation committee’s Facebook page.