The Peachtree Circle Apartments are connected to one of the oldest grand homes in Atlanta. Built in 1858, the Leyden House survived the Civil War and at least one fire to finally be demolished by the wrecking ball of development.
The home was located on Peachtree Street in downtown. It’s neighbor was the Governor’s Mansion. In 1913, Asa Candler purchased the land for the development. He had the columns moved for the building of the Woodberry Hall School for Girls, which is now the Peachtree Circle Apartments in Ansley Park.