Locust Grove, Henry County
Founded as early as 1891, the Unity Grove school was founded with the assistance of James Weldon Johnson in the Unity Grove community near Locust Grove. In 1931, the school was rebuilt as a two-teacher type school with Rosenwald funds. The total budget for the rebuild was $2537. The school was in use until 1954 when it was consolidated with another school in the county.