Organized in 1863, the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer is the only Episcopal church in Greene County. The church building was designed and constructed in 1868 by J. O. Barnwell. It is an example of Gothic Revival architecture. The first rector was Joshua Knowles. He and his wife are next to the church building.
It was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.