Franklin County, Georgia
The William Ariail House was built in three parts starting in 1840. The last section, pictured above, was added in the 1890s. The Victorian details were added during the 1890s addition.
The grounds included other extant farm buildings, including the original blacksmith shop and well.
Rev. William Ariail and his wife Mary moved from South Carolina to start this farm. He served as pastor for the Nails Creek Baptist Church. During the Civil War, the Ariails lost five sons.
The home was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.