Tag Archives: Mayesville

Goodwill Parochial School-Mayesville, South Carolina

Goodwill Parochial School was built in 1890 to educate Black schoolchildren in Sumter County, South Carolina. The Presbyterian Church, USA funded it until 1933. It was in use until 1960.

It was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.

Another school funded by the Presbyterian Church was Boggs Academy in Keysville, Georgia.