Built in 1929, the Cusseta School, as it was known originally, is a two-teacher type school sitting on the edge of town in Cusseta, Georgia. It was built for $2973. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.
This markers contains a great deal of imagery. The broken column represents a life cut short. The hourglass serves as a reminder as that life on earth is short. The angel with staff represents Father Time. A fuller explanation is that the symbols collectively communicate the story of the Weeping Virgin.