Free Hills (also known as Free Hill), Tennessee was a antebellum Black community. It was founded in 1816 by the newly freed men and women once enslaved by Virginia Hill and her wealthy planter family. Hill purchased the hilltop land and turned it over to them to create a community.
The Free Hills Rosenwald School was built in 1929 and served the community until 1949. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.