Louisville, Jefferson County
Built in 1924, Fairview Brown served as the school for Black school children in Cave Springs, Georgia. After it was no longer used, the school fell into disrepair and what was left was the First Grade Classroom Building. The Georgia Trust put it on its 2011 Places in Peril List. It was listed with the National Register in 2017. Restoration was complete in 2019.
Established in 1997, Brandon’s Chapel Baptist Church took over the building left vacant by Brandon’s Chapel Methodist Church who shut their doors after declining membership. The church was built in 1900.